Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Little House on Prairie," adults-only version!

HELSINKI (Reuters) - "Finland has rated the DVD release of the much-loved children's television series "Little House on the Prairie" suitable for adult viewing only."

(http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE4A572J20081106)

Amber says: Okay, I admit- I was a little amused when I saw this headline. I thought "What could possibly be wrong with "Little House"?! Then I had thoughts of "forgotten scenes" and whatnot... Very un-little house like. So, I read the article. It continues:

"To save money, Universal Pictures decided not to submit the series to state inspection, the company's Finland marketing manager Meri Suomela told Reuters on Wednesday."

So its not so terrible after all. Saving money by labeling a family friendly show as "adults only". Great, what will be next? Having the teacup ride labeled "will not make you puke"? There are going to be hundreds of people excited about watching the "lost episodes", only to find that it is the same sweet, braided girl we all know (and tolerate.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home