Thursday, October 2, 2008

TV's 'Mr. Clean' dies at 92

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- House Peters Jr., a TV actor who became the original Mr. Clean in Procter & Gamble's commercials for household cleaners, died Wednesday. He was 92.

Peters died of pneumonia at the Motion Picture and Television Fund Hospital in Los Angeles, said his son, Jon Peters...

(http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/02/obit.petersjr.ap/index.html)

Amber says: Sad!!

Okay, I do have a few things to say other than just "Sad". First, there is a 'Motion Picture and Television Fund Hospital'? Craziness.

Also, I think Mr. Clean was an awesome product to try to sell in the 50's. I mean, I am surprised that with a name like "Mister Clean" the product sold/ made it in the 50's. In the era of women wearing heels and pearls, and serving a platter of roast beef and potatoes with a smile and a curtsy- the women ruled the household and the men sat around... and a product with a name implying that the "Mister" did the cleaning. Amazing. I blame "Mr. Clean" for the working woman/ stay-at-home dad. :-) I mean, I have nothing against the women that want to work- and my dad was a stay-at-home dad! but I would totally make it as the woman in an apron with flour on her nose. In fact, Id prefer that.

Ramble over. RIP Mr. Clean.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home